Thursday 1 March 2018

* Gecko Galz: Paris in the Springtime


Hello!

March is here - hurray!!
I love it when the days start getting longer and a little brighter and warmer. I'm really not a winter girl!

Over at Gecko Galz we have a new customer challenge for March and the theme is Paris in Springtime.

Here is my first card:


I decided to go for a vintage Paris look and choose to do some decoupaging with this lovely image from the new Butterfly Dreams Collage Set.

I printed the image 3 times - one for the base, one for fussy cutting around the  Eiffel Tower oval, the butterflies and flowers and the third for cutting specific elements such as the Eiffel Tower, the border strip, the two butterflies and the white roses. All my fussy cut edges were inked with Vintage Photo. I used foam tape to add the first decoupaged layer and then tiny glue dots to add the elements, making sure to fold and bend the card to add some dimension. I added some glitter to the butterfly wings and also to the border trim. 


I mounted the image onto distressed kraft card and inked the edges. My background is embossed reft card that has been lightly inked to bring out the texture. The edges were also distressed and inked. I added some lovely cream crochet lace and popped the image mat on top with foam pads for further dimension.



Butterfly Dreams


My second card:



For this I chose beautiful paper from the C'est La Vie paper collection. I added a stamp of the Eiffel Tower (that I made into a png file and altered the transparency) from the Paris Flea Market Stamp set.        
I distressed the edges of the paper and added some Wilted Violet Distress ink. 
I printed and fussy cut an icon from the Parisian Garden Kit and popped her on foam pads, along with some natural cheesecloth, alongside the Eiffel Tower. The image was matted onto violet card.




C'est La Vie              Paris Flea Market                Parisian Garden

   

That's all from me for now!

I hope you'll join our 'Paris in the Springtime' challenge. 
The winner gets a whopping $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.



*****

The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product ...
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the $1 Wednesday deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a Private Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. Come and join us!

I'll be back on the 12th with more Gecko Galz projects.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges: 

Card 1
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #76 AG 03/03
Artistic Inspirations #194 AG 04/03
Crafting from the Heart #196 AG 04/03 (#3)
TIOT Vintage 06/03
A Snowflakes Promise #48 AG 12/03 (#3)
A Bit More Time to Craft #63 14/02
Creates and Makes #19 AG 26/03 

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.